COLLEGE BLOG: First Semester Re-Cap

Hey there! I was momentarily kind of upset because I felt like I turned all of my social networking sites into meaningless dog/animal shrines until I remembered I had this blog. After almost 5 months of not blogging how I normally would, I realize why I made this one. I've been blogging about my days and using the internet at a creative outlet/self-reflecting tool for about 6 years (you'll find other blogs of mine that have been left on the back burner all over the internet if you look hard enough), and it's only been difficult for me to stay consistent because I was discouraged by the wrong things in the past.

However, this 5-month hiatus is only a result of my struggles to get used to college in general--which I think I've accomplished for the most part. Probably not. I can't count on anything being consistent. BUT, I'm good now, and that's what matters.

School-wise, I've been pretty good. I've had some ups on downs academically but I think I'm slowly getting into the groove of things. Of course, in the end I've learned that all I have left to do is to try harder and really believe I can do way better than I am right now.

Health-wise… well, I've been pretty good about going to the gym and eating semi-clean. I've had a few weeks where I'd let myself go though. That's not entirely a bad thing, but like academics, I think I could do a lot better.

Socially, I mean, whatever. The beginning of school was a little difficult for me, but I think I can say I've grown really comfortable with a few people, and I have people to do things with so I can't complain! There's still this longing for a certain atmosphere, but I think I'm just comparing my past with right now because there are a few very specific times that make me feel a hell of a lot of nostalgia (Therefore, sometimes I'm sad). Who knows? I'm trying to not put too much importance in this, but it all comes down to balance. I have friends. I will not care about how many or how little I have. I am content.

Unlike the beginning of the year, I'm ready to go back home for break.

Until my next lengthy re-cap post,

Angela

Comments are closed.

Powered by Blogger.