Recent Re-realizations

No one needs to justify everything he or she does. One would think this is just common sense, but ah, I forget this easily.

I've been feeling this slow and steady change within me, and the only thing stopping me from being who I want to be today is the fact that I'm having a difficult time letting go of who I was in the not-so-recent-but-still-recent past.
I'm afraid that, despite my efforts and attempts to become a better person, old friends I haven't talked to will continue to see me as someone I used to be but did not feel quite comfortable being. However, I keep forgetting that I don't need to justify myself to anyone.

People have the ability to change themselves and go unnoticed. The people that do notice, on the other hand, are people I can really appreciate. Those are the kinds of people I want in my life: one who pays attention, encourages/inspires me to be a better person, sees things in a positive light and brings out the best in me. I can only hope to do the same for those people as well.

On a more relevant note, even if I successfully instill a positive change in myself and go unnoticed, I should be 100% fine with it. In fact, I will be fine with that.

I'm going to let go of all the anxiety I get from feeling judged.
I'm going to choose who I let affect me wisely, or in other words choose to surround myself who are positives in my life.

Comments are closed.

Powered by Blogger.